The Vadodarias Give the Gift of an Enriched Childhood
Hema and Sachin Vadodaria live by the basic principal, anytime they can give, they do.
“It’s just a part of living – giving back to the community you live in.”
Their pursuit of giving, combined with a past experience with Realtor® Laurie Loew, led the Vadodarias back to Give Realty when it was time to move again.
“We kept in touch with Laurie after she facilitated the purchase of our home in Cedar Park in 2006. She started Give Realty and we loved idea of the donation as part of the home buying and selling process. When we were ready, we only thought of Laurie and Give Realty.”
The Vadodarias chose two charities with ties to the generous and community-centered family. The first, Chinmaya Mission Austin (CMA), is where the Vadodaria children attend Sunday School and Hema is a volunteer teacher.
CMA aims to instill in youth the philosophies of Indian culture while engaging in a wide range of spiritual, educational and charitable activities. The $4,000 donation on behalf of the Vadodarias will support the building of a new facility in North Austin.
According to Subhash Vohra, CMA President, “Our pledge highlights ‘giving more than we receive’ and their gift truly embodies this spirit.”
The Vadodaria’s giving spirit didn’t stop there. Their move also contributed $910.10 to Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center (WCCAC), an organization providing assistance victims of child abuse, non-offending family members and the professionals that help them.
WCCAC Executive Director Brenda Staples says the non-profit was “delighted to learn of the gift, but even more honored when we learned it was from such a wonderful former volunteer of the center.”
Hema frequently volunteered at WCCAC when the family lived in Cedar Park, providing logistical support during the weekdays and doing her part for the children in need.
The family says giving is important because they themselves are very thankful for receiving so much in their lives from the people around them. Follow The Vadodaria’s’ example and see how you can contribute to these great organizations.
Three ways to Help Chinmaya Mission Austin.
1. Donate to the Building Fund. These donations assist CMA’s expansion.
2. Participate. Attend the public lecture series and learn about the tradition and philosophies taught at CMA.
3. Engage. Visit chinmayaaustin.org to keep up-to-date and expand your knowledge.
Three Ways to Help Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center
1. Make a commitment to volunteer. WCCAC is in need of volunteers who can commit at least four hours biweekly to host the center.
2. Donate. Financial contributions are needed to sustain WCCAC operations and plan for the future.
3. Take a tour. WCCAC wants people to “walk the halls the children walk” in order to learn more.