Thanks to our clients, we were able to donate a total of $23,585.01 this quarter, bringing our total donations since our founding to $280,114.31!
Here’s a look at all the donations we’ve made on behalf of our clients this quarter.
$1,275.00 Donated to Emancipet on Behalf of Chris Palomares.
This donation brings the total donated to Emancipet since our founding to over $10,000 and ties Emancipet with SafePlace for the nonprofit most often selected to receive a donation.
This has been a great quarter for donations! Thanks to our clients, we were able to donate a total of $30,436 this quarter, bringing our total donations since our founding to 258,280.55, and exceeding the exciting milestone of $250,000 in donations!
We thought it would be nice to take a look back at all the donations we have made on behalf of our clients since the beginning of April.
- $4,854.00 Donated to CASA of Travis County on Behalf of Hugh McGowan and Julie Warner. This donation provided a CASA advocate for a year to three children who have experienced abuse or neglect.
- $1,238.00 donated to Planned Parenthood on behalf of Becca Roberts.
- $1,566.00 donated to Foster Angels on behalf of Jason and Kendall Clark.
- $694.00 donated to Animal Trustees of Austin on behalf of Mary Hill. This donation provided for 69 rabies vaccinations or 23 cat neuters or 12 dog spays or 2 lifesaving heartworm treatments.
- $694.00 donated to Meals on Wheels and More on behalf of Mary Hill. This donation provided for 283 meals to be delivered to the homebound.
- $2,512.50 donated to Emancipet on behalf of Farzaneh Pourabdi. This donation was part of an Emancipet challenge grant and, as such, was matched by Mr. James Armstrong & Mr. Larry Connelly.
- $5,150.00 donated to The Care Communities on behalf of Kim, Tommy, and Carol Johnson.
- $782.00 donated to SafePlace on behalf of Denise Irizarry. This donation provided 3 days of operating costs for the school that the children of domestic violence victims attend while at SafePlace.
- $2,237.50 donated to The Care Communities on behalf of Kim and Carol Johnson
- $1,949.25 donated to Camp For All on behalf of Dave and Kelsey Campbell. This donation will send 4 children to camp.
- $1,248.75 donated to the food pantry at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on behalf of Dave Johnson & Kathy Raesz. This donation provided for 2 semi-monthly food pantry orders, each consisting of 30 loaves of bread, 30 gallons of milk, 30 dozen eggs and around 35 cases of canned foods.
- $1,120.00 donated to Austin Pets Alive! on behalf of Ashleigh and Jeremy Tolliver. This donation provided basic care – spay/neuter (if the animal hasn’t been already), microchip, vaccinations, and any other basic medical care they might need like a basic wellness exam, medication for a cold, etc. – for 11 animals.
- $950.00 donated to St. Louise House on behalf of Esther Zacarias in memory of Dr. Joe Zacarias. This donation provided all the care needed (food, shelter clothing, counseling, career placement) for 30 days for a client and her children.
- $1,440 Donation to ATX Winterguard on Behalf of Michael Vazquez and Judy Easton and in honor of Helen Vasquez.
- $2,000 Donated to the Central Presbyterian Church on Behalf of Kim and Carol Johnson, in honor of Jim Lancaster, and in memory of Rose Lancaster.
- $2,000 donated to Dell Children’s Medical Center Foundation on behalf of the Brindley Family.
We will continue to bring you quarterly donation recaps throughout the year. Look for the next one in September!
This donation was part of a challenge grant and, as such, was matched by Mr. James Armstrong & Mr. Larry Connelly.
EMANCIPE+ has chosen to advocate for and provide free and low-cost spay/neuter services since day one because they believe it is one of the most efficient and effective methods of reducing the homeless pet population. They provide spay/neuter services throughout the Central Texas area via both mobile and stationary clinics, and serve between 1,200 – 2,000 pets each month.