There is no easy answer – some homes sell in a few days, others may take several months. Recognizing the key factors influencing a sale can give you significant control over market time.
The proper balance of these factors will expedite your sale:
• Location is the single greatest factor affecting value.
• Neighborhood desirability is fundamental to a property’s fair market value.
• Buyers compare your property against competing properties.
• Buyers interpret value based on available properties.
• The real estate market may reflect a seller’s market or a buyer’s market.
• Market conditions can not be manipulated; an individually tailored marketing plan must be developed accordingly.
• Property condition affects price and speed of sale.
• Optimizing physical appearances and advance preparation for marketing maximizes value.
• The more flexible the financing, the broader the market, the quicker the sale and the higher the price.
• Terms structured to meet your objectives are important to successful marketing.
• If the property is not properly priced, a sale may be delayed or even prevented.
• Your home generates the most interest in the real estate community and among potential buyers during the first 30 days it is on the market. If it is not properly priced during this time, we miss out on this peak level of interest.
A licensed Realtor© will work with you on each of these factors to help ensure that your home has the best chance of selling quickly.